The Public Health Bill
What is the Public Health & Nicotine Inhaling Bill?
The Public Health (Tobacco and Nicotine Inhaling Products) Bill proposes to introduce a range of new measures to restrict the marketing and sale of nicotine inhaling products such as tobacco and vape.
- Highly restrictive licence regime
- Ban on sale of tobacco and vape from:
- self-service vending in pubs and hotels
- mobile units – festivals
- Ban on sale of vape to under 18s
- Increased advertising restrictions on vape
The Bill was listed for priority publication under the 2023 Spring Legislative Session.